Sunday, March 23, 2008

Welcome!

There are a lot of teachers in De La Salle who have started blogs so I will start one too! Knowing my form class, 3G, they will surely accuse me of being a Copycat. Well, no matter.

First, for the benefit of strangers, let me introduce myself. I am Miss Hidayah. Currently I am teaching at De La Salle School with 3G as my form class. 3G is a class I am very proud of because they are hardworking, very smart and best of all, funny. However, they do give me problems like not taking their studies seriously enough and not doing their absolute best! I expect 100% A(s) for SA1, okay 3G? That means getting at least an 80 for all subjects!

Anyway, I am 21 years old but I am 15 years old at heart. I read a lot and love Science, especially Zoology and Astronomy. Despite being a young adult I still watch cartoons, enjoy playing PSP games and collect Duel Master cards, but don't tell anyone!

My current form class, 3G is made up of forty-three clever nine-year-olds who love to ask questions, crack jokes and ask me all sorts of riddles in class. They are divided into six groups namely, Courage, Hope, Love, Joy, Effort and Wisdom. We have a point reward system whereby I award points to the groups which behave well, and deduct points from those which disrupt my lessons and do not hand in homework that is assigned. Last term, group Joy won and we went to watch a movie just now called Spiderwick Chronicles!

The girls said that it was scary while Denzel sadly announced that his dad wanted him to write a review of the movie in composition format! Yikes! It sounds tough! Good luck, Denzel! I know you can do it.

I must also mention that we won The Cleanest/Most Inviting Classroom of Level 2! Special thanks to Divya, Jolyn, Gina, Pei Xuan, Shu Yi and Nikhita for coming so early in the day to help me decorate the classboard. Thanks to the six groups too for decorating the cupboard, the library corner and also the front board.

We rock!

Anyway, to end this entry, I will list down the objectives of this blog:

  • To list homework/assignments
  • To have my form class post their many questions in my comment box or my tagboard
  • To learn more about myself as a teacher and more about the young padawan learners of my form class
  • To strengthen the teacher-student bond
Feel free to tag and comment for I am here twenty four hours a day, seven days a week.

Watch this space.

15 comments:

Lex The Worm said...

The sentance:Watch this space is very funny!

軽しおん said...

I really dont understand why we can win the most inviting classroom.Our classroom so dirty!That time when the teacher take grade,we check here check there,so dirty!

Miss H said...

Jolyn: Because I designed the classboard and we all contributed to making Sea World, Library Corner and also Volcano World!

Alex: Sometimes I don't even know I'm funny!

Miss H said...

And Jolyn! Now we are very clean okay! The groups are doing their duties and compared to other P3 classes, we're as clean as a whistle. That's a simile for you.

軽しおん said...

lol.i see that alex dont noe short forms,u noe?

Lex The Worm said...

Jolyn:I know short forms but I don't use them.Now I'm using two!!!

Lex The Worm said...

testing

Anonymous said...

I DONT KNOW HOW TO POST A COMMENT.

Anonymous said...

testing

Anonymous said...

its paul here,anymore activities in the class? no activity except for the easy group duty. why my grp quiet u do not plus the points and plus others instead?

Anonymous said...

its paul,fair or not.

Miss H said...

Paul: I'm sorry if you think it's unfair but the moment I see even a single person talking in the group, I won't add points!

And welcome! Next time post your questions on the latest entry!

dennis said...

Miss Hiadayah will call us short names from now on.

Miss H said...

Who are you, gundam?

You spelled my name wrongly!

dennis said...

sorry,miss hidayah i spell your name wrongly. by the way gudam is wen xin.ok? bye bye