Monday, March 24, 2008

Whizzes

Assignment:
Heuristic Approach to Problem Solving (HAPS) Worksheet

Reminder:
Bring your Sports Day bracelet tomorrow!

Today's Gen Knowledge Question:
Roughly how old is the sun?
[Answered by Anne: 5 billion years old]

Today was very busy as always. There seems to be so many things to do with 3G. Math 1, Math 2, Challenging Sums, Mental Sums, Activity Books, Spelling, Journal, Words and Phrases, Composition, Longman...

There was spelling and dictation today. I was very disappointed in last week's spelling marks. Most of the class scored an average of 7 out of 10, which is lousy for their standards.

We also had a slight fighting incident in class where Mark hit Elroy on the chest. It was so hard that I could hear the impact! So being unable to control my anger, I screamed at Mark. Not "AAaaaaah!" of course. Just a reprimand. They were forbidden to go for recess because of that. It was partly Elroy's fault too for annoying Mark, who is a nice quiet boy but very quick to anger. After that incident, I switched Elroy's place with Leeroy's. So Wisdom has two chatterboxes now: Shawn and Elroy.

But they're sensible boys. I think they will learn to behave when being put in such a good group like Wisdom. My best boys are there, namely Paul, Skyler and Ad'n, who are among the smartest, most responsible boys in class.

Speaking of boys, Travis was goofy as usual. While in the middle of explaining something, I spotted him sitting on Ryan's lap and could not help but laugh a little! It was such a strange sight! That boy is always up to something! He laughed cheekily and sat back on his chair. Funny guy. I'm sure I will have a lot to write about him on this blog.

Earlier in the day, I saw this MASSIVE grasshopper which was gold, yellow and green. I thought of capturing it to keep as a class pet as Feeler is suspected to be dead. So, I called to Travis and engaged his help in capturing it but the MASSIVE grasshopper flew away... What a waste.

Enough about the boys. Divya and Jolyn laughed at me just now for bumping into Mr Tan while I was walking backwards. So I laughed along and they laughed and I laughed and they laughed. You get the idea. They like to laugh at me. Divya's the Science Rep and Jolyn's the Math Rep. So, one is a Science whiz and the other is a Math whiz.

My class is full of whizzes. Like Gina. Her haiku was chosen for an International Haiku Competition in Japan! It was between hers and Bryan's but the other teachers thought hers was better. Bryan's also another English whiz. He writes these long compositions which are very well written. A true writer.

That's all for today's entry, 3G. See you tomorrow. Don't forget to do your homework.

3 comments:

軽しおん said...

Anyway,everybody in Courage raise up their hands with the same answers in their minds.Denzel told us the answer(5 billion)and everybody raise up!Denzel,how smart!

Miss H said...

Maybe Courage will be Term 2 Champion! MAYBE. Every group has its good points.

Courage has the biggest brains, with Denzel, Jolyn, Div, Anne, Sze Kaye, Darren and Han Seng.

Hope has Bryan, who is brilliant. (But NOISY)

Love is very well behaved. Any group with Fernanda and You Xuan somehow becomes well behaved somehow! Like magic. There's also Nikhita who is a very quick learner and an excellent student.

Joy has Gina the Genius, Professor Philip and Mark the opera singer. Three very very intelligent people.

Wisdom has Paul! Paul is a strong point in Wisdom because he helps me keep the peace. Even with chatterboxes like Shawn and Elroy, they still manage to score points.

And Effort has Law Wen Xin, possibly the best student in class. Always hands in homework and always score high marks.

If the groups remember that they all have a part to play, every group has a chance of winning!

軽しおん said...

The "So being unable to control my anger, I screamed at Mark. Not "AAaaaaah!" of course."is so funny.AAaaaah!Haha::giggle::